Vietnam — Banned, Suppressed or
Hard-to-Find Articles and Information
The great revolutionary struggle of the Vietnamese people for liberation from first French imperialism and then U.S. imperialism was one of the great events of the 20th century. In the future we hope to post many more documents about this great struggle.
Unfortunately, however, the regime that then came to power in Vietnam was run by oppressive revisionist bourgeois nationalists. Over the decades it has become more and more evident that what is called “socialism” in Vietnam, is actually nothing of the kind. Actual Marxist, revolutionary, and even democratic ideas are banned and suppressed there. It will also be our goal on this site to locate and post news and information about this contemporary suppression of revolutionary and progressive ideas in Vietnam.
In addition, we will attempt to seek out and post documents here from outside Vietnam which expose and criticize the undemocratic and revisionist nature of the country at the present time.
If you know of additional documents that should be posted here, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suppression of Revolutionary & Progressive Views in Contemporary Vietnam:
- [To be added.]
Communist Movement in Vietnam:
- “The Manifesto and Platform of the Viet-Nam Lao Dong Party”, issued as a supplement to People’s China magazine (Vol. III, #9, May 1, 1951), 8 pages. (The name of this party in English was the “Worker’s Party of Vietnam” or the “Vietnamese Worker’s Party”. This document was issued at the time of the re-establishment of the communist party after the huge disruption of World War II and the prolonged attacks by various reactionary forces including those of France, Japan and Chiang Kai-shek.) Searchable PDF format (723 KB)
Ho Chi Minh — Life and Writings:
- [Book:] Ho Chi Minh on Revolution: Selected Writings, 1920-66, ed. by Bernard B. Fall, (NY: New American Library paperback ed., 1967), 710 pages. [Pages are yellowed and have some underlining, but are still quite legible.] Searchable PDF format (46,201 KB)
- [Book:] Selected Works of Ho Chi Minh, Vol. 1: Articles and Speeches, 1922-1926, (Hanoi: FLPH, 1960), 188 pages. PDF format (14,273 KB)
Le Duan — Writings:
- [Book:] On the Socialist Revolution in Vietnam, by Le Duan, 3 volumes, (Hanoi: FLPH, 1965, 1965 & 1967), in a single file, 560 pages. PDF format (56,259 KB)
French Colonial Period:
- [Book:] History of the August Revolution, (Hanoi: Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1972), 194 pages. About the August 14, 1945 uprising led by the Viet Minh (League for the Independence of Vietnam) against French colonial rule and the Japanese occupation of Vietnam. Searchable PDF format (9,501 KB)
- “The August Revolution”, by Truong Chinh, written on the first anniversary in 1946. (Hanoi: FLPH, 1958; reprinted Pittsburgh: Change Maker, 2013), 88 pages. Searchable PDF format (267 KB)
- [Book:] Dien Bien Phu, by General Vo Nguyen Giap, (Hanoi: FLPH, 1964), 3rd ed. (revised and enlarged), 276 pages. Searchable PDF format (3,561 KB)
The American Imperialist War against Vietnam:
- [Book:] The Tet Mau Than 1968 Event in South Vietnam, by Ho Khang, (Hanoi: 2001), 158 pages. PDF format (1,626 KB)
Foreign Commentary on Vietnam:
- “Vietnam: Miscarriage of the Revolution”, a prescient and important unsigned article about the triumph of revisionism in Vietnam, which appeared in the RCP’s magazine Revolution, Vol. 4, No. 7-8, July/August 1979, 55 pages. So far as we know, this major critique of Vietnamese revisionism has not been reprinted and is not available elsewhere on the Internet. Searchable PDF Version (591 KB); MS Word (375 KB)
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page