Revolutionary Communist Party, U.S.A.
Documents and Publications Difficult to Find
[Introduction to be added.]
If you know of other difficult to find documents and publications of the RCPUSA which should be made available here, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Books by Bob Avakian and other leaders of the RCP
[Note: Although these works have been available elsewhere on the Web for some time, they are difficult to locate. Therefore we have also copied them over to this site.]
- Mao Tsetung’s Immortal Contributions, by Bob Avakian, (Chicago: RCP Publications, 1979), 342 pages, 178 printed sheets. PDF format, 36,378 KB [very large file].
- The Loss in China and the Revolutionary Legacy of Mao Tsetung, speech by Bob Avakian, at the Mao Tsetung Memorial Meetings, 1978; (Chicago: RCP Publications, 1978), 158 pages, 80 printed sheets. PDF format, 5,866 KB.
The Communist (1976-1978)
[“Theoretical Journal of the Central Committee of the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA”. Only 5 issues appeared. These were first made available online by other websites.]
- The Communist, Volume 1, #1, October 1976 PDF format, 124 pages [69 printed sheets], 8,250 KB. Includes these articles:
- “Commodities, Capitalism, Class Divisions—and their Abolition with the Achievement of Communism”, by Owen Natha [Bob Avakian?]
- “Soviet-Imperialism and Social Democracy, Cover-Up of Capitalism in the USSR (or How Martin Nicolaus and the October League Have ‘Restored’ Socialism in the Soviet Union)”, by C.R.
- “Some Preliminary Thoughts on Bourgeois Democracy and the U.S. Working Class”, by J. Werner
- “On the Character of World War 2”, by John B. Tyler
- “Bourgeois Right, Economism, and the Goal of the Working Class Struggle”, by Matt Butler and Lee Korsznecki
- The Communist, Volume 1, #2, May 1, 1977 PDF format, 169 pages [90 printed sheets], 10,601 KB. Includes these articles:
- “On the Relationship Between the Forces and Relations of Production and the Base and Superstructure”, by Owen Natha [Bob Avakian?]
- “Communism Not Pan Africanism Is the Guide to Socialist Revolution and Black Liberation”, by John Henry
- “Reformist and Revolutionary Views of Capitalist Crisis: A Critique of ‘New Marxism’”, by M.F.Z.
- “Anatomy of a Puerile Leftist Sect: The Religious Disorder of the Workers Viewpoint Organization”
- “WVO: Undaunted Dogma from Puffed Up Charlatans”, by Owen Natha [Bob Avakian?]
- “WVO’s Opportunism in Theory and Practice”, by John B. Tyler
- “Living Socialism and Dead Dogmatism: The Proletarian Line and the Struggle Against Opportunism on the National Question in the U.S. (Reprinted from Red Papers 6, published by the Revolutionary Union, June 1974)”
- The Communist, Volume 2, #1, Fall/Winter 1977 PDF format, 173 pages [89 printed sheets], 9,546 KB. Includes these articles:
- “On the Origins of World War 2”, by John B. Tyler
- “Against Sweezy’s Political Economy: Reformist and Revolutionary Views of Capitalist Crisis, Part 2”, by M.F.Z.
- “Marxism, Nationalism and the Task of Party Building: History and Lessons of the National Liaison Committee”, by D.B.
- The Communist, Volume 2, #2, Fall/Winter 1977 PDF format, 202 pages [104 printed sheets], 10,181 KB. Includes these articles:
- “Against Pragmatism: Bourgeois Philosophy ‘Made in U.S.A.’”, by J.S.
- “On the Outcome of World War 2 and the Prospects for Revolution in the West”, by C.R.
- “On the Mensheviks’ Views of Crisis: ‘Capitalism Works After All’”, by R. Lotta
- “The ‘Tarnished Socialism’ Thesis: Some Recent Publications in Defense of Soviet Capitalism”, by C.R.
- The Communist, Number 5, May 1979 PDF format, 241 pages [126 printed sheets], 13,968 KB. Includes these articles:
- “Beat Back the Dogmato-Revisionist Attack on Mao Tsetung Thought: Comments on Enver Hoxha’s Imperialism and the Revolution”, by J. Werner
- “Some Notes on the Study of What Is to Be Done? and Its Implications for the Struggle Today”, by J.P.
- “Plato: Classical Ideologue of Reaction”, by J.S.
- “China, the Dictatorship of the Proletariat and Professor Bettelheim (or How Not to Criticize Revisionism)”, by C.R.
Revolution [Theoretical Journal] (1975-1994)
- Revolution, Vol. 4, #10-11, Oct.-Nov. 1979.
- “Lenin’s Struggle Against International Opportunism: 1914-1917”, major unsigned article, 21 pages. [Searchable PDF photo format: 4,430 KB]
- “The Prospects for Revolution and the Urgent Tasks in the Decade Ahead”, Documents from the third plenary session of the Second Central Committee of the the RCP,USA. [Not yet scanned.]
- Two Statements Upholding Mao Tsetung
- Ceylon Communist Party: “In Defence of Mao Tsetung Thought”, by M. Sanmugathasan, General Secretary, adopted at a special congress of the CCP in July 1979. [Searchable PDF photo format: 1,658 KB]
- Communist Party of Turkey (Marxist-Leninist) [TKP/ML]: “On Mao Tsetung”, Sept. 9, 1979, 2 pages. [Searchable PDF photo format: 526 KB]
- Revolution, #52, Summer 1984. More on the Soviet Union: Aspects of an Imperialist Society.
- Cover Image
- Contents Page & Editor’s Introduction
- “Notes Toward an Analysis of the Soviet Bourgeoisie”, by Lenny Wolff & Aaron Davis, 39 pp. [PDF Version: 368 KB]; [MS Word Version: 200 KB]
- “Against the ‘Lesser Evil’ Thesis: Soviet Preparations for World War 3”, by Mike Ely, 27 pp. [Searchable PDF photo format: 3,881 KB.]
- “Soviet Education: Reading, Writing, and Revisionism”, by Leona Krasny, 22 pp. [Searchable PDF photo format: 2,887 KB.]
United States page on BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page