Political Economy: Dictionaries and General Topics
This page contains dictionaries of political economy, and some general works or textbooks on political economy which cover both the political economy of capitalism and the political economy of of socialism. Works devoted more or less exclusively to just capitalist economics are available in the Political Econonomy of Capitalism section on BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET, while works devoted mostly to just socialist economics are available in the Political Econonomy of Socialism section.
Please note that many of these books or articles are from the Soviet Union in the state capitalist, social-imperialist era, or from other revisionist or even openly pro-capitalist sources. We assume that visitors to this web site are sophisticated enough to take the source of these various works, and the political perspectives of their authors, into careful consideration. However, we also feel that these works also contain at least some material which is of use in studying genuine MLM political economy. So readers will have to decide for themselves just which parts of these works are worth paying serious attention to.
If you know of other works or materials which should be made available here, please contact us at: email@example.com
Dictionaries of Political Economy:
- [Book:] “A Dictionary of Political Economy”, ed. by Prof. M. I. Volkov, (Moscow: Progress, 1985), 397 pages. Searchable PDF format [Large file: 40,381 KB]
General Textbooks of Political Economy (Covering Both Capitalism and Socialism):
- [Book:] “An Outline of Political Economy: Political Economy and Soviet Economics”, by I. Lapidus and K. Ostrovityanov, (London: Martin Lawrence, 1929), 562 pages. A very interesting book which raises many challenging issues, such as whether net economic production by socialist enterprises in the Soviet Union should be termed “surplus value” or something else such as “surplus production”. Searchable PDF format [8,372 KB]
- [Book:] “Political Economy”, a formal Soviet textbook of the subject, covering pre-capitalist, capitalist, capitalist-imperialist, and socialist political economy, issued by the Economics Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. This is the English translation of the second revised and enlarged Russian edition, (London: Lawrence & Wishart, 1957 [Orig. Russian edition 1954]), 623 pages. (We believe it was a Chinese translation of this same 1954 Russian textbook that Mao critiqued in his famous writings.) Searchable PDF format [8,483 KB]; Epub format [1,316 pages; 937 KB]
- [Book:] “The Fundamentals of Political Economy”, by P. [Pyotr] I. Nikitin, (Moscow: Progress, 1983 [orig. Russian ed. also 1983]), 435 pages. Mediocre scan, but quite legible. Searchable PDF format [Very large file: 60,644 KB]
Study Aids on General Political Economy:
- [Book:] “Political Economy: A Study Aid”, ed. by G. Kuznetsov, et al., (Moscow: Progress, 1988), 272 pages. Unfortunately, this scanned copy has a lot of markings and marginal notes; our apologies. Searchable PDF format [21,045 KB]
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET MLM Theory Page
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page