Norway - Suppressed or Restricted Information
Norway is a bourgeois democratic country, and one which has wider freedoms of speech and of the press than a great many countries of the world. Nevertheless, the media is almost entirely owned and controlled by the capitalist class, and, because of this, information about people’s struggles and revolutionary groups is still generally very difficult to come by. Even information which is not legally suppressed can still be mostly suppressed via the normal functioning of the capitalist economic system.
We at BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET oppose the suppression of news and information whether it is done through force or through economics. There can be no true democracy or freedom where only the ideas acceptable to the exploiting ruling class are allowed to reach the people. On this site we will do what we can to make available news and documents which are mostly unknown to the people of Norway and the rest of the world.
If you know of other documents or items which should be made available here, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revolutionary Communists – [Revolusjonære Kommunister] (RK for short)
Founded in 2021 as a regroupment of Maoist cadre with backgrounds in various Communist and left-wing organizations. Its stated goal is to prepare the founding of a new Communist party in Norway based on Marxism-Leninism-Maoism. It has a website at: maoisme.no with articles in Norwegian, English and other languages.
- “Platform Document”, adopted on February 2022, 12 pages. English: Searchable PDF format [117 KB]; English: Open Document format (.odt) [48 KB]
Statements and Documents [Either official RK documents, or unofficial, but from their website.]:
- “Multipolarism Is Not Anti-Imperialism”, by the Revolutionary Communists, Norway (RK), March 28, 2023, 6 pages. English: Searchable PDF format 
Norwegian: Searchable PDF format 
- “Notes on the Founding Declaration of the International Communist League (ICL)”, by the Revolutionary Communists, Norway (RK), January 6th, 2023, 17 pages. A critical review and commentary. The English and Norwegian versions below are official RK documents, however the Spanish and Chinese translations are unofficial and should be verified with reference to either the English or Norwegian versions. English: Searchable PDF format [140 KB]
“Merknader til Stiftelseserklæringen til den Internasjonale Kommunistiske Foreningen (IKF)”, the official RK translation into Norwegian, is available at: https://www.maoisme.no/2023/02/merknader-til-stiftelseserklaeringen-til-den-internasjonale-kommunistiske-foreningen-ikf/
A Spanish translation (unofficial) is available on the “Dazibao Rojo” blog at: https://dazibaorojo08.blogspot.com/2023/01/noruega-notas-sobre-la-declaracion.html
A Chinese translation (unofficial) is available at: https://www.maoisme.no/2022/02/%e5%85%b3%e4%ba%8e%e6%88%90%e7%ab%8b%e5%9b%bd%e9%99%85%e5%85%b1%e4%ba%a7%e4%b8%bb%e4%b9%89%e8%81%94%e7%9b%9f%ef%bc%88icl%ef%bc%89%e7%9a%84%e5%a3%b0%e6%98%8e/
- [To be added.]
- “Maoism vs. MLMpM [or ‘MLM, Principally Maoism’]”, criticizing Gonzaloism, editorial on maoisme.no, Dec. 4, 2021, 12 pages. English: Searchable PDF format [146 KB]; On their site at: https://www.maoisme.no/2021/12/maoism-vs-mlmpm/
Serve the People – Communist League of Norway [Tjen folket – kommunistisk forbund] [Most of the documents of this group have been difficult for us to post because of the technical format in which we received them.]
General Information & Primary Documents:
- “Short Presentation of Serve the People — Communist League of Norway (Tjen folket — kommunistisk forbund)”, as posted on their website at http://tjen-folket.no/Sentralt/view/10260 on Jan. 7, 2008, 2 pages. PDF Version (133 KB); MS Word (54 KB)
2010 – Statements & Documents:
- “Greeting to the ICOR Foundation Conference”, from Serve the People, Oct. 13, 2010, 2 pages. PDF Version (69 KB); MS Word (31 KB)
Other Parties and Sources
- [To be added when they become available ... ]
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page