Suppression of News in Morocco
Morocco is one of the more oppressive countries in the Arab world, with little freedom of speech or the press. In addition there is vicious suppression of revolutionary movements and a large number of political prisoners. BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET will try to do what we can to bring to light information about this horrible situation.
If you know of other suppressed documents, news reports or international commentary that should be posted here, contact us at: email@example.com
Information about the Suppression of Ideas in Morocco
- “Morocco’s War on Free Speech is Costing its Universities Dearly”, by Shana Cohen, The Conversation, Dec. 7, 2015, 4 pages. PDF Format [263 KB]; MS Word (.docx) Format [282 KB]
- “Free Speech Goes on Trial in Morocco”, editorial in the Washington Post, Nov. 20, 2015, 2 pages. PDF Format [222 KB]; MS Word (.docx) Format [285 KB]
- “Free Speech Sidelined in Morocco”, by Index on Censorship, July 9, 2013, 2 pages. PDF Format [183 KB]; MS Word (.docx) Format [118 KB]
Documents from organizations in Morocco
- [To be added if we can obtain them.]
Political Prisoners in Morocco
- Statement by Myriam Amani, a Political Prisoner, in Prison civile Boulmerez in Marrakech, Morocco, June 23, 2016, in French, 2 pages. PDF Format [278 KB]; MS Word Format [58 KB]
- “Morocco Accused of Prison Torture in Amnesty Report”, The Telegraph [U.K.], May 19, 2015, 3 pages. PDF Format [149 KB]; MS Word (.docx) Format [244 KB]
— NOTICE —
Due to the repressive legislation and judicial decisions in the United States, we at BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET want to make it completely clear that we do not have any connection whatsoever with any political parties or organizations in Morocco, or in any other country for that matter. We do not aid, promote, assist, support, coordinate with, or provide any sort of services or advice to any party or organization in Morocco or elsewhere. However, we do support the right of free speech, and the right of the people in both Morocco and internationally to read the views and publications of suppressed individuals, organizations and parties there. And for this reason alone we are making copies of their documents available on this site.
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page